Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The topic just might be homework and school....

In third grade I disagreed on all ends with the kids in my class, and at times, my teacher for not giving us enough homework.
Many times I protested on us not having any, and I would score the class some math problems- my teacher sometimes even gave me personal assignments.
Lots of kids don't do their homework and it bugs me as much as a moth floating around my ceiling. Annnnoyyyinnnnng.
I don't see why they don't have time to fit it into their schedule. I know from personal experience that lots of them are extremely busy with sports, rehearsals, lessons, and other activities after school. But it's honestly not that hard to fit in history note taking, vocab sentences and a few math problems. Do your homework during the time when you're sitting around, watching TV, or having a break, or in the car.
Also note: I'm not asking for MORE homework. What we have is currently pleanty :)


Today my History teacher asked our class if we liked DBQs. Apparently everyone gave her looks varrying from disgust to sadness. I raised my hand and said "I like DBQs."
I got too many strange looks....
BUT SERIOUSLY!!! I LOVE THEM! THEY'RE FUN AND YOU GET TO WRITE ABOUT STUFF!! The topics we've done with them so far are all topics I'm interested in, and my history teacher was definitely right about us being able to do them easier than we could have if, in the beginning of the year she had handed us a blank DBQ and said "go for it."

So, I guess my final point of this post was to say:
Do your work in school, do it well, and don't mope about homework!!

~Rachel

2 comments:

  1. That is true! Although I really hate DBQs.. the type of writing they require annoys me. Too organized and icky...

    ReplyDelete