Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Glass by Ellen Hopkins

Title: Glass

Author: Ellen Hopkins

Rating: 3 stars

Recommended for: Ages 13 and up


Though I really did enjoy the book "Crank", (the book that comes before "Glass"), I really did not like the sequel!! It was NOT as good as Crank and took me forever to read.
Kristina is totally MESSED UP, and isn't getting any better. Her mom won't let her have her baby back, and threatens to not go near her again if she doesn't shape up and get out of her meth addiction. She's going through boys, going through dealers, getting worse and worse.
I'm so disappointed in this character! At times I felt bad for her, but most of the time, I'm just thinking "WHY ARE YOU SO STUPID?!"


Praise for "Glass":

"Powerful and unsettling." -Kirkus Reviews
"The poems are masterpieces of word, shape, and pacing.... A stunning portrayal of a teen's loss of direction." -SLJ
"Hopkins delievers a gritty, fast-paced read." -VOYA
"Readers won't soon forget smart, sardonic Kristina." -Booklist


Also by this Author:
*Crank
*Impulse
*Burned
*Identical
*Tricks
*Fallout

No comments:

Post a Comment