Friday, December 4, 2009

Twilight Fan or Faux?

By now, I expect that everyone on planet earth and Mars has heard about the fame-finding "Twilight" series by Stephenie Meyer.
I admit it. I read books about vampires. I love vampires- they're my favorite Paranormal type creature. Their bloodly cravings and romance in all the vamp novels just pull me in.

I read Twilight when it was just starting to find it's way into popularity- about 4 months before the movie came out. I sped through the saga, recommending the series to everyone of my peers and even adults I knew. Pretty much all of my friends have read the books and seen the movie.
Twilight's spread in popularity has made the book surprisingly really unpopular. People hate Twilight just to hate it! I think that if Twilight wasn't as popular as it is today, I would love it even more. Don't get me wrong- I'm a heeeuge fan of the series. They're wonderful and I've read them all multiple times. I'm excited to see New Moon and Edward is (*looks up*) definitely on my bedroom walls.
Series like House of Night (P. C. and Kristen Cast), Vampire Kisses (Ellen Schreiber), Morganville Vampires (Rachel Caine) and many more I really do adore and won't stop loving. But with Twilight, seeing and hearing it absolutely everywhere (!!!) has made my adoration for it not grow, but shrink.
Sorry Stephenie :(

I hope everyone read this and it's made them think!!


UPDATE: New Moon was absolutely amazing- yeah, I saw it with one of my best friends about a week or so ago! I was very very happy with it- follows the book VERY well and much better than Twilight did! So go help Kristen and Rob and Taylor and Summit earn money and see the movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment